American Power and Gas isn’t your average energy company. We are conscientious about how every aspect of our business affects our customers, employees, communities, and environment. Over the past 15 years, we’ve demonstrated our commitment to doing better, more beneficial business by finding more sustainable power sources, offering outstanding customer service to our customers, providing a fun, rewarding workplace for our team, creating our environmental initiative, The Green Effect, and more.
Corporate responsibility is the cornerstone of our company culture. We’re constantly seeking new ways to help every person and partner we’re connected to thrive and prosper along with us. In the following blog, we explain what corporate responsibility means to American Power and Gas and describe our programs to further it.
Our Pride and Joy
We want our customers and employees to be proud of the contributions they make with American Power and Gas. Now, what does pride actually mean? According to the Oxford English Dictionary, one definition of “proud” is: “having or showing a consciousness of one’s own dignity.” This word comes from the Old French “prud,” and, before that, the Latin verb “prodesse” which means “be of value.” The origin of pride is both interesting and important. It signals that, to be truly proud, to have real dignity, a person, group, or company must serve and “be of value” to others. Keeping this in mind, how could we feel proud of our company’s stupendous success without actively sharing it with others? We don’t want to just do well, we want to do good. We don’t consider our corporate responsibility program an afterthought or added bonus—it is the foundation of our company philosophy, American Power and Gas’s pride and joy.
Our Five Focuses
Simultaneously supporting our customers, staff, society at large, and planet is quite the complex task. Fortunately, we’re up for the challenge. To achieve our aims, we’ve broken our corporate responsibility programs into five key areas:
- Air and Environment. As an alternative energy supplier, this segment of our corporate responsibility mission is one of the most critical. Many energy companies provide their customers with power using fossil fuels and nonrenewable sources that use up limited resources while damaging Earth’s ecology. In contrast, American Power and Gas provides 100 percent wind-generated energy. This fuel source creates no greenhouse gases or contaminants and is highly sustainable, substantially shrinking our customers’ carbon footprints. In addition, we’re doing our part to fight deforestation with our Green Trees Campaign. Through our partnership with Treecycler, each customer that enrolls and enters the codes we send can plan 18 trees each year around the globe.
- Seamless Fundraising. Thousands of charities have worthwhile aims, but need financial resources to achieve them. American Power and Gas is delighted to help these organizations raise money using energy, a resource everyone needs. We provide partner charities with a dedicated online landing page and other forms of assistance to help them achieve their goals.
- Food and Water. Unfortunately, millions of children across the globe go hungry on a daily basis. To help resolve this tragic problem, American Power and Gas has created a food program. Qualified customers can sign up to donate one meal per week to less fortunate children. We hope to provide thousands of meals using this approach and expand from there to truly tackle this worldwide concern.
- Freedom. Members of the United States armed forces help ensure the freedom and security we enjoy as Americans. American Power and Gas recognizes the true value of these brave military servicemen and women’s contributions, so we’re dedicated to giving back to our veterans. As our team grows, we’re putting special emphasis on hiring veterans, and we recently launched our Veteran’s Hub, an online portal to connect veteran-owned businesses with interested customers and partners. We are committed to improving veterans’ access to job opportunities and overall quality of life.
- Business Expansion. We want to see all companies flourish and grow as we have. Interested companies can partner with us to become a part of our gift card program. When new customers enroll, we offer them different gift card options, encouraging them to learn more about and shop at these businesses. We can also create a customized campaign for businesses, which could include a landing page, in-store promotional materials, and more. In addition, many customers prefer to work with green companies, so simply switching to our affordable, eco-friendly energy could boost business.
How You Can Get Involved
Are you inspired to become a part of our corporate responsibility initiatives? Here’s how you can get involved:
- If you’re an American Power and Gas customer, you can simply sign up for one or more of our campaigns. From that point forward, we’ll take care of everything and provide detailed instructions. We’ll also be in touch to let you know how your assistance is affecting the world for the better!
- If you’re an individual who wants to help, just call us or send us an email. We’ll work with you to determine how you can best contribute.
- If you own or manage a business, we can help you get your customers involved in any or all of the above campaigns or enroll your company in our gift card program. American Power and Gas can also set up a landing page for your business to present your support and highlight your own corporate responsibility. We’d be happy to send you “take ones” or other marketing collateral to use at your physical location.
- If you need assistance with fundraising for your charity, contact us and we would be thrilled to partner with or assist you in any way we can.
Once you sign up for one of our programs, you should receive confirmation of your enrollment in about 10 days, at which point you will begin experiencing the benefits of the campaign. If you have any questions or concerns throughout this process, our team will be here to help you.
Find Out More About APG’s Corporate Responsibility
Are you interested in learning more about our philosophy of corporate responsibility? Would you like to partner with us or participate in our programs? Contact American Power and Gas today. We look forward to hearing from you and working together for a better world.